The online wine tasting will be live-streaming with the Brand Ambassador in Château Pichon Baron.
Kindly find below invitation details.
Date: 13 May 2021 (Thursday)Time: 3:30-4:30pm
| Reception opens at 3pm
Venue: Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel
, 1 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
(See Map here
Speaker: Ana Carvalho
Brand Ambassador AXA Millésimes
– By Invitation Only –
*** The seats are very limited due to pandemic situation. If there is any seat cancellation, kindly inform us in advance.【Wine List】
• Château Pichon Baron 2020, Pauillac
• Les Griffons de Pichon Baron 2020, Pauillac
• Château Pibran, Pauillac
• Château Suduiraut 2020, Sauternes
• Blanc Sec de Suduiraut 2020, Bordeaux Blanc
En Primeur 2020 is described as “An Extraordinary & Unforgettable Year”
by Christian Seely, Directeur Général AXA Millésimes
“A very rainy winter that built up reserves of water in the soil was followed by a tropical spring that required great vigilance against the danger of mildew. Dry hot sunny conditions permitted a very early flowering in mid-May. Summer was dry and sunny, with occasional peaks of heat, but overall relatively fresh temperatures in spite of the sunshine. In Pauillac, the harvest was early, and of excellent quality, the Merlots harvested in sunshine and outstanding this year, the Cabernets with small berries and relatively low yields harvested at excellent maturity in sometimes rainy conditions, but with no adverse effect on the health of the grapes nor of concentrations. In Sauternes a dry September meant a very late arrival of the Botrytis. Conditions were very good for the dry white wines, which are of excellent quality this year. “
Ana Carvalho, DipWSET | Brand Ambassador AXA Millésimes
• Born in Portugal, Ana studied oenology at Universidade de Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro in Vila Real and at Institut des Sciences de la Vigne et du Vin in Bordeaux.
• In 2012, she obtained the International Vintage Master (at ESA, Angers) combining viticulture, winemaking and wine marketing.
• She has been assistant winemaker in Chile (Viña Carmen), New Zealand (Peter Yealands) and the Douro Valley (Ramos Pinto).
• Joined AXA Millésimes in 2014, she first worked at Château Pichon Baron and Quinta do Noval (Douro).
• Ana is currently Brand Ambassador for the 8 AXA Millésimes wineries: Château Pichon Baron and Château Pibran (Pauillac), Château Suduiraut (Sauternes), Domaine de l’Arlot (Nuits-St-Georges), Disznókő (Tokaj), Outpost Wines (Napa), Quinta do Noval and Quinta do Passadouro (Douro).